Photo: EIP’s Robyn Penfold and Dave Cuddy teach about Education is Power and recruit volunteers from a Canada World Youth team in Parakuyo, Tanzania – February 2014.
Education is Power Headlines, April 5th, 2014
- EIP’s first Tanzanian student Dennis Mbulu makes a total of 36 African students that EIP has supported since starting in 2008.
- EIP Director Dave Cuddy plans for his return to Kenya this August. He will participate in a series of meetings and conduct evaluations and research for the development of EIP. He is seeking dedicated Canadians to join him and complete an internship.
- Awareness and fundraising for EIP continues at primary and secondary schools in British Columbia and Ontario as our Volunteer for Africa campaign marches on.
- EIP Kenyan students are on a month break in April and will engage in community volunteer work as well as participate in EIP tutoring sessions.
- EIP recently held a successful awareness event in Kimende, Kenya followed by other public events in Perth ON, Canada.
Read more details on News and Blog
Education has the power to change everything… Just imagine being born into East Africa where the average person earns $1.50 per day yet must pay $450 for one year of public high school or $2000 for one year of public university. So what happens if you are dedicated to create a better world but you are not born with the privilege to gain a higher level education? The answer is simple: Lack of opportunity equals the lack of ability to make changes that our world needs Please help our East African students attend the May 2014 intake.
“Through education, we are dedicated to develop the potential in disadvantaged East Africans who are committed to the sustainable development and natural conservation of Africa”. We achieve this by providing education opportunities to East Africans at East African secondary and post-secondary institutions – as well as by supporting African primary and secondary teachers to mentor their students to give back to their communities. (Français) (Español)
* Background image: An evening soccer match in Il Ngwesi, Laikipia North, Kenya (partner of EIP)